A quick update for today on the status of the Cobra. It seemed, at times, that I would never get this kit moving along. I have been on midnights this week and feeling quite zombie-ish the last few days so I didn’t quite feel up to a hefty dose of sanding or anything real complicated today. That’s why having multiple builds in various stages pays off sometimes.
The Cobra was really at the very beginning of the build. Nothing had been assembled prior to today. That all changed. I didn’t spend a whole lot of time with the Cobra today, but it looks like I made some nice progress. As you can see, the fuselage and engine compartment halves were mated and I have clippped the armament to start painting them. The cockpit is empty for now. I will detail it later on after I get the sanding under control. Having said that, it doesn’t look bad at all. I think this build will catch up rather quickly.