The Mustang has been on a very long journey with multiple blunders throughout the months. I could have easily let this one slide but given the labor of love going on here, I just had to fix this minor issue.
Looking over the aircraft after final paint, I noticed an ugly gap where the port side window popped out a little. The easiest and safest option was to gently fill the gap which I did. I will give it an extremely careful and light sanding, then hand paint the area. It shouldn’t be too hard of a fix. I wish I would have taken care of this before I applied the decals but here we are.
Other than that, I think the build is going great. The wheel bays, gear doors, and wheel hubs were painted with silver this morning. The tail band was also correctly re-painted too. We’re shaping up nicely and I’m hoping for an early week finish.