Big updates at the workbench since my last post. All the ground that had previously been lost has been gained back with a solid campaign of diligent work. So where do I begin?
We’ll start with my dance with the P-51. I will be the first to admit it. I am a nincompoop. After I repainted the P-51, I was still uneasy with the outcome. I should have listened to Plane Dave on this one. Live and learn. The second color was too light this time so I did a little more research and I deduced that the original color was the correct one. So here we are…again. Back to the original gray with the RAF Dark Green applied this morning. I shot it with an application of clear gloss this evening so it will be ready for decals tomorrow.
Other good news is the Bf-109 and Hs-129 getting their decals applied. The Romanian markings on the Bf-109 were superb and look fantastic. Both kits were sprayed with clear matte and will be ready for weathering first thing tomorrow. the P-40 had half of its decals applied today as well. I took a break to let the first half dry so I don’t ruin them. The second half will get applied tomorrow. So far so good though.
The Ju-86 has been chugging along nicely as well. All painting has been completed and a coat of clear gloss was applied tonight for decal application tomorrow. Lots of masking has been performed the last few days with a classic German scheme. Decals are on the docket for tomorrow along with getting ready for final assembly. I’d say I’m sitting exactly where I need to be now.