Okay. Maybe it was a little presumptuous to say that I was back thirteen days ago. It definitely was. My intentions were solid, but the time and effort had not quite caught up with me. In my defense, I was fighting an illness during that stretch and also adding a key component to my “model room”. My very awesome wife bought me a desk to work at so now all my excuses are worthless because I finally have a private space to freely work on all of my builds. So I spent a day or so setting it up to my specifications. There will be some tweaking but it’s working for now.
The desk was huge for morale, but the real breakthrough came last night when I cracked open a bottle of paint for the first time in a few months. I decided that I didn’t like how the four kits were being built so I changed up the flow. For some reason beyond my knowledge, I originally planned on the canopies being installed after final paint. Now, that would be fine if any of them were in the “open” position. I’m sure I had a reason for that decision, but I can’t think of what it could be. Nevertheless, I masked all four canopies yesterday afternoon and installed two of them. The Stuka and Spitfire have their canopies affixed and NOW they are cleared for final paint. If you can remember that far back, you will recall that the Spitfire’s underside has been painted already so I am ahead of the game a little on that front.
The Babs and Avenger needed a little bit more work on their interiors with some added paint. The Babs is good to go now but the Avenger needs just a tiny bit more detail work done. I have to go to work in a few hours so I’m thinking that will have to wait until the morning when I get home.