I’m happy with the results that the PR.9 turned out. However, I find the kit lacking in detail as usual. It’s has a great deal of surface area that there is so much that Revell could have added to make a much better kit. My usual complaint of a closed canopy and rudimentary detail on the inside lead the list. An opened up engine compartment would have been the perfect compliment. All in all I can’t complain a whole lot because it still came out well enough.
The decals were a bit of an issue too. Well, the instructions for the decal placement proved to be the culprit. Some decals weren’t labeled at all where to go. Just a mystery line with no number assigned. Most of the time I was left trying to figure out where each line pointed too due to them blending into the aircrafts paint guide. Not a fun time but I think I managed to get through okay.
My own little mistake almost left me with a tail sitter. When I have to add weight to any kit, I always try to leave a contingency plan just in case I didn’t add enough. The Canberras plan was to add more through the cockpit if needed. Looney me, I affixed the canopy before giving it a test to see if it would stand on all three (four) wheels. Of course it wasn’t adequate enough. I removed the canopy and dumped a whole lot more weight in until I was more than sufficient. Problem solved, canopy reinstalled. This also worries me because now I’m doubting myself on the other Canberra. At least I’m prepared.