Masking the 103rd

For the 103rd A-10, I continued with my motto of paint instead of decal. The wraparound lightning bolts on the fuselage were the precursor to the main paint job. While I am only halfway done, the hardest part is out of the way. 

To start this project, I stole a sheet of tracing paper from my kids. The back portion was really the most difficult to get the correct angles on so I opted to just trace that and the rest could follow the lines. A straight edge was used to trace the two lightning bolts. After they were traced, I used the straight edge again to cut them out with my hobby knife. Once they were cut out, I placed the sheet of tracing paper over a piece of painters tape and used a black Sharpie to trace the lines onto the tape. Finally, I cut out the final product and transferred them to their respective sides. It was pretty straight forward from there. I just followed the existing tape and masked the rest of the nose. There is still yellow to be painted for the outline and then I will need to mask that before I can move on to final paint. 

    
    
   

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Masking the 103rd

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s