With seven builds going through final assembly this week, there hasn’t been much time for the P-38. After I finished up the Harrier yesterday I spent some quality time getting the final sanding completed. I am almost clear for paint with a little more sanding needed on the underside of the wings. Olive Drab has been sprayed on the anti-glare panels and I will mask them off today. I may get out to the airbrush tomorrow to get it painted. That’s my hope anyway. If I can’t get to it tomorrow it will have to wait until Tuesday. We are headed to the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, MI for a little Memorial Day getaway so I don’t foresee me wanting to do anything when I get home.
With all the free space at my workbench, I have started to trickle the new kits in. I spent last night getting the alligator clipped parts into their work boards. I also masked canopies which is unusual because I am usually scrambling to get them done as I am going out to my airbrush. It’s nice to be done with them ahead of time.
I have also added a new kit to the mix. Since I am doing the Have Blue build, I thought it would be neat to throw in an F-117. Right out of the box you can see an immediate difference in size. There are many similarities and differences to them both.