Last month, my son had a school project called “From Here to There”. As a parent, you want to see your childeren succeed. So I came to you guys, my readers, to help out. And help out you did. The support for this project was enormous. He brought them home yesterday to my enjoyment. Twenty-nine postcards were received as of yesterday. From those twenty-nine, nine different countries were represented. We had fun looking through them all and seeing all of your generous work. So to sum it all up…..THANK YOU! I really do appreciate the effort that you put in to make my sons project so much fun.
I was asked the question “who was the farthest”? I thought it would be neat to actually look up who that might be so I did just that. I have listed states and countries with the distance traveled to Morgan Township Elementary School. Thank you again!
– Illinois 59 miles – England 3,876 miles
– West Virginia 547 miles – Germany 4,348 miles (6,998 km)
– Rhode Island 912 miles – Austria 4,644 miles (7,474 km)
– Louisiana 922 miles – Chile 5,417 miles (8,718 km)
– Massachusetts 951 miles – Japan 6,349 miles (10,218 km)
– Colorado 1,114 miles – South Korea 6,649 miles (10,702 km)
– Florida 1,179 miles – South Africa 8,553 miles (13,766 km)
– Maine 1,184 miles
– Oregon 2,011 miles
– Washington 2,122 miles
– Hawaii 4,219 miles