The month-long saga of the Tornado has irrevocably concluded. If I could add sound to this post, you would hear a mollified sigh of relief. It feels great to have it displayed up on the shelf.
Hasegawa threw a curve ball at me with this one. I was kind of expecting a smooth build and instead received a few problems. The air intakes required some plastic surgery that was not welcomed. You can still tell that I had to remove the inner panels and move them outward to make room for the nose section to fit. The seams in the rear of the fuselage gave me a hassle as well. Final assembly flew by until I started on the landing gear. The right rear strut was broken and I didn’t catch it until it was time to install. I clipped the rest of the strut from the sprue tree and re-attached the two pieces. Once the glue dried, I resumed final assembly. Overall, I am happy with the end result.